Personal stories from missionaries Jake and Cayton Heath

10/20/2010

What Is Taking So Long? ---------- OR --------- A Full-Blown Case of Life!

Sorry about the title, at lunch time at work we started watching old episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle on one of the guys' portable DVD player, and the double titles in it always crack me up. I sure mine aren't nearly as funny as the ones on the show, but hey, I try.

So what have we been up too since the last newsletter was written, and the last blog post published a month-and-a-half ago? Well we sure haven't had nearly as much time as we would have liked for support raising. Besides a few phone calls and some e-mails we have had other things going on. I wish we would have been doing more toward our support, I long to do more but have not been able too. We do have at least one new supporter though (Praise the Lord!) he is an old friend that I grew up with. We have had so many "life" things going on these last few months it has been totally exhausting. I've had to work sometimes six days a week and between for 10-12 hours a days and it seemed that after work there was something pressing that needed us almost every night. A couple nights were spent working on Cayton's car (which has never broken down on us before but decided that it didn't want to start anymore, a new starter and a battery and it cranks-over and starts like a champ now). There were turn-overs at the apartment that I live in, help manage and that do maintenance at. For about three weeks it seemed I couldn't catch a break, the "stuff" of life seemed like it would never end. Finally though I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel (Yeah!). Most of the pressure is off us at work, so the work day is back to 8 hours, the tenants that I oversee are happy, and no one is moving-in or out (at least at the moment), and my head is full of ideas of people to share our ministry with. Though I don't want it to seem like I'm complaining, life has been good (just exhausting) and having lots of work really is a blessing, but it's hard when your heart is bent on serving God at a particular place doing a particular thing and you don't have the time to dedicate to doing the stuff it takes to get you there. We are aware that God can and will use us right here and now, and we feel that He is, and that He is the One that is building our support team, not us. Please pray that this next season be fruitful for us and support raising, we know it won't come unless we go and share the vision with others. For those of you that are supporting us already thank you so very much! Please remember us in your prayers.

The following are some pictures of a recent work day we had at church, the porch on our parsonage was rotting away and leaking, allowing water to run inside the wall of the house so we really had to address this before the winter came. Josh, our youth pastor, and his wife Lisa live there with there two kids. One of the elders (Rod) and I went after work one evening and tore the old porch down and the following Saturday we had a work day to erect the new porch. Here are some pictures of the days events;

 8:00 a.m. a clean slate with no demo to do, because we demoed it a few days prior.
 Getting started.
 Some morning progress. (Smile Josh!)
 Rod (whom I work with) is on the left and Ed is on the right, they are both elders at our church.
 Hey, it's starting to look like something now.
 Almost there!
 Sheeting the roof!
 Almost done!
Josh (our youth/college pastor) and I after a good long day working together.
 I didn't get to help finish because they did it another day when I was busy, 
but I was glad I could help as much as I did. 

Thanks again for reading! 
~Jake~

2 comments:

  1. Bullwinkle-"Hey Rocky, watch me pull the rabbit out of the Hat."
    Rocky-"But Bullwinkle, that trick never works."
    Classic

    Strong work guys, don't lose heart.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete