Personal stories from missionaries Jake and Cayton Heath

8/25/2011

Worth a Thousand Words

Well hello again, Jake here. I thought I would do something a little different this month. Since a picture is worth a thousand words I figured I would compose a picture story expressing some of the deeper struggles we've been going through while on this path of missionary deputation/support raising.

The (parentheses) represent what the picture is trying to say. So here it goes, I welcome your comments!

Sometimes in this race of life, and in "friend" raising, I feel like I'm the:
(tortoise racing the hair),
saying to myself "I will never finish well!"
Which makes me feel emotionally like I'm on a:


 
(roller coaster -- that was a tough one I know!).
Some days I feel like:
 
(Tigger),
and other days like:
(Eeyore).
Like I'm carrying the: 
(weight of the world on my shoulders).
These are the days where I feel like we are:


 
(stuck in the mud),
 and all I have to pull us along is:
(our little bitty strength) which is futile.
But then God comes along with:
(His Mighty Power -- Aurg...More Power!)
and gets us through our trial:

(trials).
Which encourages us to continue to:
 (go against the flow) on the path that He has put before us.
We don't want to sound like we are all:
(Super Spiritual) or anything,
we really are just normal folks like you:
(I think you got this one).
So would you please remember to:
 (pray for us).
Pray that God would:
(strengthen) us and
(protect) us.
We want to:
 (finish the race) well,
and bring
praise and glory to God through our lives. -- The End!

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. Pray that Cayton and I can move to Ohio soon so we can start service at MMS Aviation. This all depends on our support coming in, as I write we are at 80%! We need another $840/month in pledged support, or to look at it another way; 21 people at $40/month (though the amount is ultimately between the giver and God to determine). We will get there soon, we know it!

(This is us sharing at a friends house -- go team!)

As always Thank You for checking in,
                                                     ~Jake~


P.S. I had the opportunity to go on a glider ride/lesson with my friend Kenny Price who is an instructor at Williams Soaring Center in Williams, CA. It was my first ever glider ride and let me tell you it was a BLAST!!!

Here are two photo's from the ride:
 A view of the tow plane

Kenny and I in the air!

That's it for this now! Thanks Again!






6 comments:

  1. Wow, I loved it! Thanks for the great update and we will be praying for those remaining supporters! You guys are so close and I am so excited for you to begin working on airplanes and doing the work God has called you to do! Awesome pics of the glider ride by the way, I am sure that was a blast!
    -Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, GREAT blog. Looking forward to having you and Cayton with us in Coshocton very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Jake!!!! I know there are many who have been in those shoes who are totally relating! Keep plugging, we know you'll be here in Ohio soon! The tourtise wins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Jake... love the photos... 80% woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent prestation of my life. I do feel that I will finish strong with the grace of God to carry me through.
    Blessings in Christ,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete