Personal stories from missionaries Jake and Cayton Heath

12/19/2009

De Plane - De Plane


Merry Christmas!


I know it's been forever. The following are all pictures I took on a recent trip my dad, and cousin Mike and I took to Minter Field on Highway 99 north of Bakersfield. Cayton came down from Redding on this trip but she only made it to Kingsburg and spent the day with my mom and sister.

The Warlock owned by Al Goss, with a rare three bladed prop. It looks neat but sounds kind of funny. It just doesn't sound like a T-6 with it.

The reason for the day was the Condor Squadron out of Van Nuys was coming up for a BBQ and flower bombing a target. Funny thing Al was the only guy to hit it twice! :)

There were "American" painted T-6's and "German" painted T-6's. I remember seeing them "battle" it out at arishow's when I was a kid.


I got to go for a ride in a Stearman! Yeah open cockpits and loud exhausts. So FUN!



Low enough? Crop duster pilots get scared if they get any higher...

There was also an A-26 Invader there too. It came a few years ago from Canada as a retired fire bomber that was made from a retired from WWII attack bomber. They are way cool planes and very rare. It hasn't flown since it got there because the owner has to go though all the red-tape to get it licensed in the US, not an easy process. They did run both engines that day and man it sounds cool!





The next three pictures are from the Redding Air show that happened in September it was like 115 degrees that day! It was way to hot to be hanging out on the tarmac.

A Harrier doing it hovering thing.

The Blue Angles "Fat Albert" doing its thing.

And the Blue Angels doing there thing.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll try to do better in the future.
~Jake~

No comments:

Post a Comment